60 Irish Open €2,500 poker packages up for grabs with Coral!
Europe’s longest running poker tournament is set to return to Ireland this March and will have a guaranteed €500,000 prize pot up for grabs. Coral is pleased to announce they have six places available to win through our satellite competition.
About the Irish Open 2016
The Irish Open is the longest running poker tournament that takes place in Europe and is hosted in its spiritual home Dublin. The tournament began in 1980 after being established by Terry Rogers, legendary Irish bookmaker. From there it has grown to become one of the biggest tournaments in Europe with a prize pool of €500K and attracting some of the biggest names in the game, including Daniel Negreanu, Phil Laak and Doyle Brunson.
Rumours surrounding the future of the Irish Open surfaced last year when prominent Irish poker players voiced their concerns about dwindling player and spectator attendance. Fortunately, it seems that the Irish Open will be returning this March for the 26th time.
– 2008 saw the largest total prize pool in the history of the open at €3,000,000
– Neil Channing took the largest prize of €801,400 in the same year
– 2014 saw the tournament reach an all-time low with only €800k available in the prize pool
– Things have started to pick up again with a 2015 prize pool of €1,027,000
In addition to the main event there will be a €2,000 high rollers tournament, a Liam Flood Memorial competition with a €350 buy-in, a €350 heads-up competition and a €250 mini Irish Open.
6 spots up for grabs with Coral’s satellite competition
€2250 is a large amount of money for the regular poker player to spend on one tournament. So, to make the Irish Open more accessible, we are running our own satellite competition with buy-ins from as little as €10.
There are two satellite competitions to the main satellite:
– €10 buy-in to play in a tournament with one ticket up for grabs
– €20 buy-in to play in a tournament with two tickets up for grabs
– €100 to play in the main satellite for a chance to win a ticket to the Irish Open!
Qualifiers start on the 4th January with the first five tickets up for grabs on the 17th January. Act quickly if you want to win the opportunity of a lifetime.
The Irish Open package
By playing through our satellite you can win an amazing package:
– Package for 2 people (1 winner playing the main event + 1 guest of your choice)
– 1 x main event buy-in: €1,150
– Accommodation: 5 Nights: €500. (Double room with breakfast included).
– Welcome party and finish party: €200 and you can bring your guest
– Spending money of €650 with flights included
You have the opportunity to win all this for as little as €10 through one of our satellites. So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to Coral poker now and bag yourself a trip to Dublin!