Coral and Opta look ahead to day seven and eight at the Africa Cup of Nations
Opta stats for day seven and eight at the Africa Cup of Nations
There is a feast of action over the weekend from Cameroon as the Africa Cup of Nations gets into full swing and Coral have teamed up with Opta throughout the tournament to provide its customers with industry leading statistics for every day of the competition.
Premier League stars Kelechi Iheanacho and Mo Salah are among the players that Opta have taken a deeper look into as the key men to watch over the next few days.
You can read all the expert insight into four games across Saturday and Sunday below.
- Leicester’s Iheanacho scored in his first appearance at AFCON for Nigeria against Egypt last time out, netting with his only shot on target in the match, while he had more touches in the opposition box than any other player in the match (8).
- On his debut at AFCON, Nigeria’s Joe Aribo registered an assist for Iheanacho in their 1-0 win over Egypt. He has been involved in nine goals in the Scottish Premiership this season (6 goals, 3 assists), the most of any African player.
You can get 3/1 for Nigeria to win both halves, Nigeria over 2.5 goals and also to keep a clean sheet as a Africa Cup of Nations #YourCall special.
What a finish 🎯
Leicester's Kelechi Iheanacho gives the super eagles of Nigeria the lead against Egypt 🦅 pic.twitter.com/N6h6sycCW0
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) January 11, 2022
- In 2021, Egypt forward Salah registered 35 goal involvements in just 41 games in the Premier League (24 goals, 11 assists), the best tally by an African player in Europe’s big five leagues in the calendar year.
- Salah failed to score in Egypt’s 1-0 defeat to Nigeria on MD1 of this year’s AFCON, having just one shot on target. He hasn’t scored in his last two AFCON appearances, never previously going three without a goal in the competition.
- Since the 2015 AFCON, Cote d’Ivoire’s Max-Alain Gradel has been involved in more goals in the competition than any other Cote d’Ivoire player (4 goals, 3 assists), scoring their winner against Equatorial Guinea.
- Gradel has scored in two of his last three AFCON appearances for Cote d’Ivoire and found the back of the net with his only shot in their last game against Equatorial Guinea.
📹 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒: 🇬🇶 0-1 🇨🇮 #TeamCoteDIvoire commence their #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 campaign with a hard-fought victory against #TeamEquatorialGuinea #AFCON2021 | @FIFCI_tweet | @Football2Gether pic.twitter.com/wh63yhNOY2
— #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 🏆 (@CAF_Online) January 13, 2022
- Despite only coming on as a 64thminute substitute for Algeria in their 0-0 draw with Sierra Leone, Baghdad Bounedjah had the most shots (4) and touches in the opposition box (7) of any player.
- As well as scoring in 15 of his last 16 league starts for his club side Al Sadd in the Qatar Stars League (26 goals in total), Bounedjah also netted in his last start at AFCON for Algeria back in 2019 in the final against Senegal, the winner in a 1-0 win.
All odds and markets correct as of date of publication